Thursday, August 5, 2010

I would like to say


that this is the kaleidoscope that CB made with a little help from me.

I would like to say that the 4 year old put it together incorrectly.

I would like to say that I provided useful guidance for the young children at the workshop.

But the truth is-

CB lost interest in this project rather quickly. It was not long before she went from this:

to this:
And I managed to stress out my share of small children.


Notice the 7ish year old girl looking on as I hammer away.

Girl: Here's a hint. If you lift the hammer up higher, it will go in faster.
I continue on and a few minutes later she says in a surprisingly stern voice,
"I can help you."

She eventually gives me up as a pointless cause and wanders off.

Before I have finished, Em offers to help me "clean up" and tries to hand me my bag.

I look around for the little blond girl. I'm having a heck of a time with the last nail.


P.S.
Don't worry little blond girl, we probably won't be back for a Lowe's Build and Grow clinic for a long time, or at least until we can talk Daddy into coming along.

And I will be sticking to projects more of the glitter and glue variety.
CB eventually became interested in the kaleidoscope and told her brother to "look in here and see the magic" so I guess it was worthwhile in the end.

No comments: