Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lovin' Life Bookmarks

I have a crafting compulsion/supply hoarding problem. I have a hard time walking by the paint chips and not grabbing a few. My daughter is pretty sure this is part of the routine of shopping.

Sometimes, I succeed in just walking by, especially if I have no real project ideas floating around in my mind. But the other day I grabbed some to just mess around with. I tried a few things. I did not love any of them.

Some people may have stopped there, but not I. No, I got more paint more paint chips to add to the pile of paint chip creations I wasn't really happy with.

I messed around some more and made some bookmarks. Didn't love them either. They just kind of hung out for a while. Staring at me. Taking up table space. But I hate throwing stuff away. So I let them mock me for a bit.

Then I tried a different project. It failed too. But I salvaged some pieces and added them to the bookmark project.

I don't know if I love them, but they are growing on me.


What the girl created:


Moral of the story {the husband would not approve so shhh}
Leave your craft problems out on the table until you finally get an idea that makes it better.

Just in case you are interested:


These bookmarks are made from paint chips and book pages.

I don't know if it was just operator error, but stamping was tricky-seemed slippery, but the husband says this makes them look "rustic" so we will go with that.

Book pages were cut with the Silhouette machine-which ate my book pages up to a degree- and a mini shape punch. I also used a paper slicer, square punch, and corner rounder for the paint chips.

Please check out some of these fabulous linky parties. Wonderful ideas and inspiration await! Thank you!

8 comments:

Rebeldream said...

I love them! Especially #2 and #4. Very pretty!

Rebeldream said...

Oops, meant #5 - the torn/ripped one with the bird. <3

Terri Sue said...

Good save! Great Valentine's gifts!

Terri Sue said...

And I LOVE the what the girl created!

Etcetorize said...

I think these turned out really cute, especially the third one. Great job~

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for linking up all your fun and creative ideas to my blog bash K.I.S.S., much apprecaited. I just love these bookmarks, I am inspired by all the paint chip ideas popping up. I want to steal this idea and make some valentine's for my son's Pre-K class. Hope you will link back up on Sunday. :)


http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

Donnie said...

Your little girl inherited your crafty gene. Lovely picture and bookmarks.

Tammy @ Type A said...

how cute are these? i love 'em. thanks for linking them to my party!!